Thursday, March 6, 2008

Spray, Dry Oil or Lotion?

My burning topic (get it) is to use Suntan Lotion, Dry Oil or Spray.

I love Panama Jack #8 Dry Oil, now how an oil can be dry is beyond me! But I guess it isn't as messy as baby oil and is easy to spray out of the bottle.

The latest thing, or latest thing that I've noticed, is this Continuous Spray suntan oil/lotion. For a 6 ounce bottle it is like $10. I bought one, on sale of course, to try it out. Wow, it's great for getting in on fast, you just spray and no rub. Takes all of 20 seconds to do your whole body (except face). Now, for those of us on the hairier side, there is a drawback. It feels like you just sprayed your whole body with hair spray. Sort of hurt when I laid on my front! It softens once you are in the water. Obviously, this is targeted to the kid market. I still remember as a child being all wiggly and antsy as I was plastered with Coppertone. The draw back here is that it lasts about 5 times and that is it. So, that is somewhat pricey if you ask me. I can make a bottle of dry oil last weeks. So, I thought I would just inform all of my survey and experience!

Today has been more of a work day for me. Seems that a lot is going on and I'm sort of in the middle of it even without being there.

It's a beautiful day and looking forward to the Mexican/Shave Ice. We are eating through "leftovers" for lunch. We are also going to head up the road outside of our resort, this is the part where Kumu would say "NO DON"T GO THERE". It is an area of the island where mostly true natives live and they don't necessarily like visitors. We're not going to go far into it, just to say we've been there. I guess we shouldn't ride with the top down! Of course the minute they see a convertible they will know it is another rental! Lots of convertibles on this island.

We did have some white chocolate macadamia cheesecake left over from last night! I think I'll go get a piece. Maybe Jeannie forgot and I can have both!

Aloha!

P.S. - If inquiring minds want to know, Jeannie has had the same bottle of suntan oil she has had for several years - cheap Banana Boat oil SP4 - hey it works. I'll be sporting my Hawaiian tan upon return to the mainland. I'll let the evidence speak for itself :)

No comments: