Friday, February 29, 2008

White Chocolate Chill-Out vs White Chocolate Molten Cake!!


This entry is all about food! Or more specifically DESSERT!


My twisted mind (ok, you've probably figured out that Craig is writing this) has all kinds of comparisons of this topic to our current Hawaiian weather vs the Mid-Atlantic regions weather!
Most know that I don't crave or have a preference for CHOCOLATE. However, I really do like White Chocolate and pairing it with Raspberry is just over the top! (Anyone needing Birthday suggestions (Oct 5th, thanks for inquiring) can get me anything white chocolate with raspberry).
Bennigan's has been carrying a dessert for the past few years called White Chocolate Chill-Out. It is described as: White chocolate almond and vanilla chocolate chip ice creams blended with crumbled Oreo® cookies atop an Oreo® cookie crust and dipped in white chocolate sauce. Whenever we would go to Bennigan's, no matter what diet I may have been on at the time, I would have to get this dessert. It's great. Unfortunately, it appears that Bennigan's is or has taken it off their menu.
Well, last night we went back to Chili's. Ok, you may be asking, "What is up with them going to Chili's all the time in Hawaii". Thanks for your inquiry. To make a long story short, as part of pushing FiOS on all our friends and their friends, the company has a program where you get "rewards". By selling like 5 of these I recieved over $400 in gift cards. I received over $200 in Chili's cards since I knew it was available in Hawaii. So needless to say, you will hear more about Chili's throughout our stay.
Sorry for digressing, oh, FiOS is a great product and when it becomes available in your area let me know so that I can get credit for the sale and perhaps can take you out to Chili's on my next gift card!
Yesterday was a working day for Craig. It started at 4 a.m. Hawaiian time and I went straight for over 9 hours. Grueling. The work days before had been okay, but yesterday felt like being back at work. I was more then happy to sign off and run out to the late afternoon sun and sand to redeem the rest of the day. I went on a 4 mile run to help clear my head (nothing like running by the ocean in Hawaii!). Jeannie had eaten some of her leftovers from a previous outing and was interested in just having some appetizer for wherever we went. So it was up to me to pick the place. Realizing that we have over $175 in Chili gift card value the choice was simple.
As we were leaving the sun was setting. I put the roof back and we dashed to the furthest lagoon to watch. And then we were off to Chili's.
The burger was fine and Jeannie decided to snack off of my plate and await the White Chocolate Molten Cake! Oh my gosh! Here is their description: White chocolate cake with a warm white chocolate filling, raspberry sauce and white chocolate curls. Topped with vanilla ice cream under a crunchy white chocolate shell.
I think I've found my new favorite dessert! It was more then enough for 2 to share. I don't know how one person could survive it. My body was shaking after just the first few spoons. It comes looking like a volcano with a huge scoop of vanilla ice cream on top that has been covered in white chocolate. The cake below (the base of the volcano) is rich and moist vanilla and there is a drizzle of raspberry sauce under the cake and surrounding it. Okay, if that wasn't enough, as you eat the cake portion you hit the middle and it is filled with a warm white chocolate sauce! My description doesn't do it justice! You must go have one!
To bring this entry to a close. I've given up my wintry cold Chill-Out for my warm Molton Cake (or as I like to call it "Lava Cake"). The best part is that for all of you in a chilly climate, it is available at your local Chili's! So why not go out to dinner tonight and have my new favorite dessert!!
Aloha!
p.s. The above references to Chili's, Bennigan's and FiOS are not a paid endorsement and should not be construed as referencing as such. Also, NO you can't borrow my Chili's Gift Card! We have another $140 of eating to go!










No comments: