Monday, February 25, 2008

Day Two in Paradise or the day Jeannie emerged from her sick cocoon...

Hello world...well, at least hello to our friends and family who will be the ones to read this.

What a nice surprise to awaken yesterday morning to my surprise Blog creation from Craig (and fully awake I was after about 11 hours of sleep to match the 11 hours of flight travel!) I thought the Blog was a truly wonderful idea but not something we had talked about doing (well, maybe there was a passing comment or two). Once upon a time I thought I was the primary writer of the family but after reading his opening post, I think it is a title we will both share. Great job, dear!

Of course, my initial excitement was - "What a great way to keep a log of all our travels and vacations!" and which point Craig corrected my thinking by declaring, "No we are going to blog about more than our travels - we are going to blog about our life!" Okay I say - but is our daily life really exciting enough to write about? I guess we will see.

First - an update on my health - I am much better thank goodness! A wonderful combination of prayers, rest, beautiful surroundings and...Zicam - my new best OTC drug of choice! It was recommended by one of our United flight attendants (yes, their service and care was exceptional) and after searching for it at several stores we found it at - you guessed it - Costco. I promise - we are done shopping for at least a few days!

So, to the task at hand - Day Two... we took time to enjoy the wonderful amenities of the Marriott Ko'Olina resort. Craig took his morning run along the lagoon paths next to the ocean and later we relaxed at the pool though passing showers cut short our sun time. After lunch we finished up our grocery shopping and then went back to the pool. And we have both found the steam room to be one of the best kept secrets here! Everything about this resort is delightful!

We had a nice dinner out at Chili's using our restaurant gift card. It is close by and I imagine we will make a few more visits there in the next two weeks. Truth be told...there is a White Chocolate Lava Cake on the menu that is calling Craig's name! Speaking of Craig - he went to bed early and Jeannie stayed up to watch some of the Academy Awards broadcast. All in all, a very nice day as we ease into vacation lifestyle. I should mention however that we have not been able to fully enjoy our wonderful convertible yet while we are out and about as there have been on and off showers all day. Ah, the sacrifices we must bear!

Well, the sun is shining today for sure and the warm breezes and refreshing waters are calling our names.

No comments: