Monday, February 2, 2009

Day #10 - Better than winning the Super Bowl!



Day #10 I can’t believe this is the 10th day of our vacation and we are on the downhill slope already. Sigh…all wonderful things must come to an end. But we still have 4 whole days left. And we plan to make the most of them.
I (Jeannie) slept in a bit this morning because my coughing kept me awake last night (yes, I’m still having that issue.) Yesterday morning Craig fixed a bacon and egg breakfast but this morning we did our usual cereal and bagels. And the 3 of us went out to the pool in the morning. Craig used the noodle out in the ocean – quite a sight! Both yesterday and today folks have been on the beach playing catch with their dogs which has made us long for our dear fur babies. And yes, there were plenty of whale sightings today; John even saw one breach – where they completely jump out of the water. Back to the unit for lunch and to get ready for the Super Bowl.
We enjoyed pizza and watching the game. What an exciting one. We were cheering for the Cardinals and they almost pulled it out. In the spirit of fair play we congratulate all our Steelers fan friends. The fun part for us was that once the game was over we still had the evening to go out and about. We drove into Lahaina and decided to show John & Doris one of our favorite food places on Front Street – Moose McGillycuddy’s. It’s on the 2nd floor, all open air, and overlooks the street with all its galleries and shops below. We got a table right along the street. The sun was just setting. Craig and I had “Fajitas for Two", John had prime rib and Doris a Caesar salad. Then we shopped – as you know by now a favorite Harvey past-time. They had an “Elephant Walk” store which was the one I liked so much on Kauai. Then we discovered the Croc store. Well for Craig and me, two Croc lovers, it was like being a kid in a candy store – more Crocs and Jibbitz than we have ever seen in one place. But the best find of all – they have Croc high heels; a stylish sandal type shoe but with a large wedge heel and made out of the standard Croc plastic material. Here’s what makes this find so special.
Craig enjoys clothes shopping with and for me and has some, um, strong opinions on styles he would like to see me wear. One area of sharp disagreement comes to shoes – I don’t wear anything with a heel and Craig loves them! I can’t take two steps in a pair of heels without feeling like I’m going to fall over. They may be great for other women but not for me. Well, the Crocs version of heels is a wonderful compromise. They are very comfortable and I can wear these and better yet, actually WALK in them. Granted, they are not super fancy but they will work for most occasions I would need them for. They had several color combinations and we decided the black on black was the most practical. But Craig was so happy on this find that being the generous man he is, also bought me a pair of white and lime green ones as well. My fun pair! Oh, and he got some Croc sunglasses. So the shopping adventure had a little something for him too.
Now we are back, time for blogging but no episode of LOST before bed. Craig has to be up early for work. So I close by saying “Mahalo” (thank you) to my sweet hubby!

No comments: