Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Morning








Just a quick post... I wanted to capture this morning... So many people who come to Hawaii make it a daily part of their routine to watch the beautiful sunsets here; and they are well worth planning your schedule around, believe me. If you are sitting by a beach anywhere on any given evening, you will actually see folks not only gaze, set up chairs, take pictures, but often applaud when the sun finally sets over the horizon. Like saying , Well done, Lord... let's do it again tomorrow."

Being here on the west side of Maui we do get to witness those sunsets but because the island of Lanai is to the southwest of us, the full effect is obscured. And we really don't even get to witness the sunrise; or so I thought. God's wonder in creation was on full display this morning and I wanted to capture it as best I could.

These three pictures show what the sky displayed this morning as I stood on our balcony looking northwest, west and southwest... Magnificent!

No comments: