Saturday, March 6, 2010

A birthday gal's wishes...




















I have had a wonderful birthday today here on Kauai, Hawaii but my heart is drawn to home and to my mom, who even at 92, remembered my special day and sang to me this morning via phone. She is one of the main reasons we do this travel blog, as a way to keep in touch with her while we are gone. Those caring for her can read it to her, show her the pictures, etc. So, just for her, today I am including nothing but flower and bird pictures from the past two weeks which I know are among her favorite to view. She was an avid gardener in younger days, loves birds and I enjoy photography so mom, this post is for you! (and continued thanks to Matt Slack for some of the pictures which were taken by him last week.) The ones that are mine were taken with my basic digital camera, and several taken yesterday as we visited some Botanical Gardens on the island.

Enjoy!

No comments: